The issues about student permit and/or fine to the foreigner students who expired their visa have been reorganized by our ministry and it is necessary to act within the framework of the stated rules below.
- According to the Circular dated October 1, 2009 and the general guidelines that changed this circular, the exemption of the fine for those who can submit their student ID cards or student certificates will be terminated as of September 30, 2018. After the specified date, the penalties stated in chapter 105 of the Foreigners and Immigration Law will be applied to those who do not have a valid student permit in their passport except for the exceptional circumstances written in this circular.
- If the students, who have left a school or university for any reason or those who have graduated from a university, leave the country in 60 days starting from the date that they left their school or graduated, will be exempted from fine. However,
A. For students who will stay in the country fortheir postgraduate education, the duration mentioned above is extended to 90 days.
B. High school or University students whose student permit is cancelled by the Immigration Office have to leave the country within 7 days starting from the day after they have been informed of the cancellation decision.
- The students, whoare eligible to attend a TRNC university and have come to our country forregistration, are given 90 days visa provided that they document the situation
- The beginning andending dates of student permits is the last day of September (e.g.30.09.2017-30.09.2018). For students who register for the first time, the beginningdate of the student permit will be considered as the registration day.
- Non-Turkishcitizen students will be given a student permit on the condition that they havea medical report from a laboratory, which is verified by the Ministry ofHealth.
- The implementationof student permits will be carried out according to the “protocol about theimplementation of health reports of foreign inhabitants who are in TRNCtemporarily,” dated 16.12.2016, and according to the principles that are statedin the circular letter dated 3 April and numbered 3/2017, except from theexceptional cases mentioned in item 6 in relation to health checks.
- The student permitis formed for a maximum of one year every time.
- If a studententers the country with a passport, the student permit is stamped on his/herpassport. In the case that a student enters the country with an id cardalthough having his/her passport with him/her, he/she is required to get intouch with the police, in order to have the entrance stamp transferred to thepassport. For the students who enter the country with a passport and theirpassport expires in Cyprus, their new passports can be stamped.
- The studentswho exceed the duration of their visa given to them at the time of the entry tothe country and who register for the first time after this date (new registeredstudents) are not given a student permit.
NB: Students will not receive a visa penalty and are able to get a student permit in some unpredicted situations that occur out of the will of people, such as being a legal prisoner or due to illness, provided that they prove it.
- Foreign students are required to submit the following documents when they apply for a student permit;
- Passport copy
- Medical report
- Student certificate
- Student permit fee receipt
- A photocopy of the title deed of the residential address (house) or a sales contract or a rental agreement. If the student stays in a residence hall, an official letter must be obtained from the university or institution to which the residence hall belongs.
- A document which shows the entrance to and exit from TRNC
- 1 passport size photo
- Universities can apply to the legal authority for a student permit with the documents stated in the Item 12. However, in collective student permit applications to be made int his way, the documents for the first semester have to be submitted by the end of December, with the deadline for the second semester being the end of April. Student permit applications through universities will not be accepted after these dates.
TRNC Ministry of Interior website